Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

HERE, A Poem Written By S Kojo Frimpong

 

Many voices and unheard songs  

Hovering on these empty streets  

Filled with many lucid dreams and hopes  

Unwritten stories and songs  

Flood these streets with no voice to utter  

But I chanced on one today  

Without a voice, he spoke  

And it kept playing somewhere in a corner of my mind  

With the lyrics written all over him  

He said  

"It was never my intention to be here  

I once had a voice but no story  

Or even a lyric to sing  

I was drenched in this happiness  

Until the roof caved in on me  

And everything came rushing down  

And now I have many songs of many colours to sing  

No matter how hard I scream  

The world wouldn't listen  

The world is deaf and I am dumb  

I may have to learn to walk on water without drowning  

Just to lead me out of these streets  

I have no home, I am not homeless  

Just that this hopelessness  

Has rendered me homeless  

The streets have sheltered me ever since my back got broken against the wall  

By the same hearts that built it  

So I fell from the skies only to find there was never a heaven on earth  

Because home was just an egg, it breaks too easily"





Title; HERE

A Poem Written By

S Kojo Frimpong

Post a Comment

0 Comments