Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

RESPONSES TO THE SO-CALLED ACHIEVEMENTS OF OUR DEAR MP- Sam. George



HON. OKOE MENSAH
ASSEMBLY MEMBER
MOBOLE ELECTORAL AREA
NINGO-PRAMPRAM District

In this writeup, I will respond to the achievements as numbered. Meaning if I type (1) I'm responding to (1) of your achievements and so forth.


Setting the records straight:

1) I am not doubting the fact that the MP donated 2 royal motorbikes to the police at Prampram within this 7 years in office as MP.


But do you also know that the former Constituency chairman Hon. MICHAEL KWETEY TETTEH also built a complete storey building police station for the district police command in Ningo?


Do you also know that, Hon. MKT once bought motorbikes for all ward coordinators and later to branch chairmen?  This man has never been MP. in this constituency.


It is a good thing that he donated the bikes. But don't you think we deserve better than just donating 2 bikes to the police within his 7 years stay in Parliament?



2), 3, and 4 are all the same as number 1. 

(What this mean is that you have repeated support to the police, 4 times). Are you struggling to remember the achievements of our dear MP?.


Anyway do you also know that  Hon. MIKE KWETEY TETTEH built the whole DOVVSU UNIT for the Ghana Police Service at AFIENYA?


5) The whole constituency have been connected to the national grid way back through the *'Rural Electrification Project'. A project that was brought by the NDC government under Prez. J.J RAWLINGS, which got my own village connected to the national grid under PREZ J.A Kufour through the lobby of Hon. E.T. MENSAH.


What I know for sure is that, because of the growth and expansion of our constituency, its possible that some new settlements will be far from the main, and would need a few poles for extension. Which is the duty of ECG and they can easily do that when they get an alert from the assembly member. 


Sometimes when the cost involved is so high, approval may delay so at least with the intervention of the MP, it can be easily facilitated .

If he has done such interventions, i think its a good thing. But please can we know the communities that our MP did the interventions? 


6) Yes! Streetlights were shared of which myself I accessed it. 


7) It has been proven that  NOT A SINGLE streetlight has been given to AFIENYA YOUTH LEADERSHIP... Meanwhile this is the same as point 6 above. And the topic is STREETLIGHTS. 

( Why do you consistently keep duplicating the points?)


8) Very good . This is developmental project. These are the kinds of things I have been requesting and not those social services. I hope you get me. Congratulations for at least mentioning 1 infrastructural project, after I mentioned 2 that Hon. MKT built even as a non MP.


Again, this great project which I'm congratulating the MP for is a project that is located in the MPs own hometown ooo. Why can't we see at least similar ones elsewhere than the MPs own hometown. (When will it be the turn of MOBOLE and even your own community? ) Anyway


9) Administrated running of the EDUCATION OFFICE is a responsibility of the ministry of education. They have a budget by law that is financed by government and even the assembly. If a good gesture at one point in time is given, great. But it cannot be an achievement. With all due respect. 


10) Social services... OK. That's great. Hon. MKT has also actually donated several desks for student of same schools to help them get a place to sit and even write the exams you talked about.


11, 12 and 13 are all talking about the same thing ooo. (Support to Prampram and Ningo Shs) the duplications in the so-called achievements are just unbelievable .


15, 16 and 17 not even worth commenting on, because we can't call those achievements. Meanwhile because Mobole was mentioned in point 17 I will say a little about it, cos I am the assembly member of the area. You see, yes . It's true that the MP led some NGOs to donate used footwear for needy students at Mobole. 

But I consistently keep telling you that, we are supposed to look out for long lasting projects that will stand the test of time as a legacy. Not these ones. Because even me, as an ordinary assembly member, I do facilitate an NGO to donated sanitary wears, food items and clothing to nursing mother in MOBOLE, every single year... Do I also have a common fund for the development of the community, NO. So I don't think these are projects that even deserved to be mentioned regarding performance as far as the MPship race is concern.


18) Some branch executives received 'Compost manure' some time back and even gave me 1 sack for my flowers... These are not the things we talking about ooo MP. Let's talk about PROJECTS.


19) It's also a good help given to the polyclinic. But like I keep saying, these things are called SUPPORT. You don't call them developmental projects. And by the way I'm sure you have seen a lot of items like chairs, tables, and structures labelled in the name of Hon. MICHAEL TETTEH?.

Don't you think the standard of assessment need to be raised for a whole MPship campaign?


20)There you go again. HEALTH SCREENING?. Myself as an assembly member has done several FREE HEALTH screening exercises for the people of Mobole electoral area. Even on the 15th of this month, I will do another health screening and even donate treated mosquito nets for the people in my electoral area. You can join if you wish. Is that the standard you want to use to measure a whole Member of Parliament? NO, NO... We deserve far better my brother. Check around you.


21) At this point, I'm feeling quite shy responding to some of the things I'm reading. 


Are you saying one of the achievements of the MP in Ningo-Prampram is donation of PPEs ? 

Myself I donated several PPEs and even several detergents to clinic and CHPS COMPOUND at my electoral area. So these are not what we call developmental projects worth the status of an MP. 


22 - 30 are not worth responding to. Cos I'm shy seeing these things like many of those I responded above, as MPs achievement in a constituency like Ningo-Prampram.


My good brother, apart from the ongoing classroom block at the MPs hometown - AHWIAM, you have not pointed out to 1 single infrastructural project of the MP in this 7 years in Parliament?


The development of our constituency cannot be achieved with trivialities and celebration of mediocrity...


These things are not achievements. 


It is MPs primaries we are running to Parliament not the district assembly. 

- Hon. Okoe Mensah 

(Assemblyman for Mobole Electoral Area.)




Hon. Samuel Nartey George
Member of Parliament
for Ningo-Prampram


Post a Comment

0 Comments